Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Brother Friend & Baby Friend

Last night Justin and I got to go see Mae at Bottom of the Hill in the city. Bottom of the Hill is a super small venue (much smaller than Slim's) and probably one of my favorite places to see a show. Mae was no exception. I have seen them three times before, but it was probably my favorite performance I have seen by them. The 2 opening bands, Dear and the Headlights and As Tall As Lions, were quite good. As Tall As Lions was particularly great. Check them out. Anyway, Mae played a bunch of their old songs and even busted out the acoustic guitar at the end to play some stuff off their first album. I have been fond of them for a while and it was lovely to see them in such an intimate setting (next month they will be playing at the Warfield, which is huge). It was a lovely early birthday present from Justin. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Prior to attending the concert, Melissa and I went to a baby doctor appointment. Our secretly named baby is 28.5 weeks along now and is quite the mover. This makes sleeping especially difficult for Melissa. I told the baby that if he keeps kicking her, I will put him in the corner (of her uterus). He is yet to comply. We got to hear his heartbeat again which is always a treat. And today is your lucky day...you get to hear it too!

7 comments:

Angela said...

hahaha i think its so funny what you wrote... especially because you so tried to cover it up and decided that you couldn't!!! haha.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday:)

Unknown said...

good to hear that the msm is doing well.
and happy birthday in a few hours for you, and now for me.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have got to see Mae with you, that sounds like fun...and tell the baby to hurry up, I want to know his name

Muetteronomy said...

Happy Birthday Dan! It has been great working beside you in the MSM, and seeing you thrive in your leadership role. You are quite honestly one of my favorite people. I hope your day is amazing and I'm praying for you, Mel, and baby.

N said...

found this amazing church drama
we should consider it for next years arizona

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tgYB7_pj6uU&mode=related&search=

lauren said...

hypothetically (goodness i have no idea at all how to spell that, hopefuly not many more people will leave you comments so no one else knows what a terrible speller i am) speaking of course, if i were to get a care package i would really like a friend in it. any of them will do, just pick one that can fit into a box and wont mind the cramped lifestlye for a few weeks.