Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Cleverly Titled Beach Day

Yesterday a large crew of us spent the day at Seabright Beach in Santa Cruz. This is an annual tradition the first Wednesday after the Arizona Outreach and always a highlight of my summer. I took a small group of Middle School students along with a couple MSM leaders. There were about 60 or so people at the beach in total. I got there at about 2:30 and played some football with some guys. It was a really nice day and good just to get out and play on the beach. Some of us walked over to the Boardwalk for a bit and played volleyball on the nets that were on the beach. It was splendid. I thought about it a lot while I was in Arizona, and I was reminded again at the beach, about how fortunate I am to have such good friends. I won't rehash stuff I already talked about on here but it is a cool thing to have such a tight knit group of people that I love and love me in return (most of the time). Tony, Charles, and I had a bit of a photo shoot as well which was equal parts fem and fun. We took a ton of pictures and some of them came out pretty fun. After the photo shoot we had a bonfire, played some songs, and shared stories from the mission trip. It was a good way to cap the day. Here are some more of the pictures that we took. They are ridiculous.
Some of the girls doing their ever-so-clever jumping pose.
A pyramid. Much less impressive than those in Egypt.
9 People.
After the festivities of the evening we went to Marianne's Ice Cream where I was fortunate enough to enjoy the best ice cream my mouth has ever come across. Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough. A fat kid's dream come true. Try it.

8 comments:

Angela said...

all these are so good, so that one picture where we are all together looks so familish. and pati is the only one who looks like she hates the picture haha.

The Ton Face said...

Why do you and I look like Charlie's "special" friends in that one picture?!

{B} said...

it looks like you guys had fun...i miss the beach (sigh).

lauren said...

the acronyms were very helpful, all good ones to know. and i love the 9 people picture i think i should be photoshopped in it.

Anonymous said...

once again daniel, props on the hat... stylin

davis

Dan said...

thanks davis...i will note however that it was a donation to the middle school and not in fact a personal purchase. having said that, i do enjoy the fact that it is not a giants hat and that it does have a certain ghetto air about it. go la!

Unknown said...

such fun photos! go VBC!

j.Moog said...

why does everyone look so angry in that last worship picture?