Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Donner, Party of 20 +

In celebration of cannibalism and all things involving the devouring of loved ones, my family, Melissa's kin, and some friends of ours are all camping at Donner Lake this week. Unfortunately I have school tonight so I was unable to leave with Melissa last Sunday. Therefore, I have been a living the bachelor life the past couple of days. Tony, Ashley, Justin, and I took Mandie to a restaurant in the city called Beach Chalet on Sunday. It was a really cool place, located next to the Cliff House and Ocean Beach. She turned 21 while we were away on the mission trip so it was fun to be able to take her out for a proper celebration now that we are all home. Yesterday Tony and I drove to Santa Cruz for lunch. It was random, but fun. We showed the orphanage video at church on Sunday and the response was pretty good. Everyone wants to be involved in the process which is really encouraging. Chris Cline and his wife, Linda, will be heading out there in a couple of weeks to check some more things out and have some conversations with local churches and officials in Ukraine. I was invited to go but felt I should stay home with the wife and kid. It will be really interesting to see how God uses all of us in Ukraine (if he chooses to do so at all). I am ready to serve, which is both scary and exciting (see: Lauren Wallace). If you have the platform to do so, post the video to your blog, or MySpace to help spread the word. Thanks.

1 comment:

lauren said...

i'm so glad that things went well at church. i'm really excited to see how God is going to use VBC and your family specifically in this process (we could be neighbors-ish).