Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Ukraine Orphanages

Yesterday was a pretty tough day. Gary and Chris Cline asked me to prepare a segment of the Ukraine orphanage footage to show at church on Sunday. I sort of procrastinated on the editing process because I knew it would be tough going through all the footage. It was. Melissa was sitting on the couch working on school work and she looked over at me as I was pressing the keys on the keyboard, crying with my headphones on. It is hard enough watching the footage and oputting it to music but is even more difficult knowing these kids are still over there, needing food, warmth, and most importantly, love.

We are moving forward in the process of building an orphanage in Ukraine as a church. We are in the very beginning stages but there has been a bit of headway which is exciting. Pray for the people that will be making decisions throughout the process and pray for direction on what your involvement may be.

6 comments:

moxleyfam said...

i could barely make it through the whole thing because my eyes were so blurry. my heart is truly burdened for those children. thanks for posting it now, so i dont have to be a sobbing during church tomorrow.
amy

Angela said...

thanks so much for sharing that, its so sad to see and i'm excited to see what our church is going to do and how i can be updated on praying. keep me updated while i'm at school with the orphanage proccess.

{B} said...

Daniel, I love you heart for these orphans! Praise God that he has given you such a heart! What an amazing video. Thank you for sharing.
brit

The Ton Face said...

Thanks for making me cry man. It's encouraging to see your passion for serving those God has called you to. I'm excited to see how I can be a part of it all.

Megan said...

You are so good at making clips and editing film. It is so awesome that you are giving that talent back to God that he gave you. It is a rare thing nowadays. My prayers are with those children

Unknown said...

voice lessons, next week? wed afternoon-youth group i'm free, thursday afternoon-gathering i'm free, friday afternoon i'm free.
and by afternoon i really mean anytime after 12. no eariler.
so do any of those very genral times work for you??