Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Crawdads and 97 Days 'til I'm a Dad

Mel and I got back last night from Donner Lake. It was a lot of fun. The weather was pretty nice during the day and super cold at night. The group consisted of the Conley's, Perry's, some more of their family, and my family, as well as various other characters thrown in. During the day we spent time by the lake, kayaking, swimming, and hanging out. Mel and I brought Bauer with us. He was pretty funny. He spent 90% of the day in the water chasing his buoy. He even rode on the kayaks. He is a funny creature. Mel and I stayed with her parents in their new tent trailer. Yet another perk of being pregnant (By the way...97 days until the due date!!!). At night we hung out by the fire and played Monopoly. Josh, Chris, Tyler Moxley, and I played our brand of over-competitive, cut throat Monopoly, in to the wee hours of the morning. It was intense. Another highlight of the week was the crawdad feed. Chris and Josh (the white trash cuzo-crew) devised a method of catching crawdads using a fishing pole with bacon on the hook. The little crustaceans would grab the bacon with their claws and would hold on until we placed them in a bucket. They also bought a couple traps. We probably caught close to 200 of them. We then boiled them up and had a crawfish feed. It was equal parts gross and funny (to me at least, everyone else loved eating them). Nick Breitbart and his girlfriend, Sherry, came up as well with two of their friends, Jose and Adam. It was fun spending time with them. People popped in and out throughout the trip and it was a lot of fun to have a big group like that. The camp host, Curt, whose site was across from ours, ended up playing games with us and eating with us which was pretty fun. He was a nice guy. We are already starting to plan next year's adventure so sign up now if you would like to join us!
Six months pregnant...her, not me.
Some of the ladies (& Bauer).
Crawdads.
Justin and Bauer.
Mis padres.

5 comments:

gio said...

one question: who invited Budger?

Craig, i'm deeply hurt...

lauren said...

its good to see that your dad is growing budger back. tell budger (your dad) i say hi.

Anonymous said...

My Dear friends,

Due to a less than popular and more of a mixed demand, Budger is coming back. I just didn't seem myself to me without the good ole' thing. Since, like most everyone, I am still trying to find myself as I journey through life, I figure the more I remind me of me, the easier it'll be to recognize the real person as he is found.

Confusing? Well it was a great vacation and being back to reality hard to comprehend.

Lauren...Budger misses you!!!

Dan, thanks for the fun bike ride and thanks for supplying the good shipmate.

The Ton Face said...

Mmmm, those crawdads remind me of growin up on the bayou. My papi would boil em nice n right, while our old hound, buck, would chase the coons away. (That was not a Tim Barley-esk racist remark.)

Jon said...

nick breitbart has a girlfiend?