Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

27

Yesterday was Sarah's birthday. We celebrated early by enjoying the festive birthday atmosphere of Pyramid Brewery on Saturday. After sleeping for a few hours upon my return from the all-nighter, Mel and I headed to my grandparents and then to Sarah's birthday dinner. It was fun to hang out with all of our friends in spite of my exhaustion. Dinner was tasty. Actually I kinda lied. Mel and I ate a ton of spaghetti at my grandparents so we just split a quesadilla at dinner. It was tasty though. The whole day/evening was sort of a haze. It felt like 9am when it was 5pm and my speech/brain was similar to the state it was on the mission trip last summer when I was on Hydrocodone. I was in a stupor. It was fun though. After dinner Charlie took us to Edge, the men's clothing boutique where he works. He wanted us to try on clothes. It was funny. Jake, Chris, Tony and I tried on multiple pairs of several hundred dollar jeans. Jeans apparently is the white trash way of saying it so from henceforth I shall refer to them as designer denim. Anyway, it was funny to say the least. Tony got a pair because his butt looked nice in them. He didn't necessarily say that but I know that is what he was thinking. It was a funny experience, though I do not plan on dropping $275 on designer denim any time soon. Mel is doing well and we both cannot believe that the baby is due in 81 days. Insane. She has her first day of school yesterday. She enjoys her class and as a funny coincidence, one of her student's dad was one of my high school history teachers. Did that make sense?
Dan's Playlist For The Day:
"Embracing Accusations" - Shane & Shane
"Silencer" - mewithoutYou
"Soviet" - mewithoutYou

"Hallelujah" - Paramore
"Right On, Right Now" - Powerspace
"Sorrow" - Bad Religion
"Summer of '98" - The Secret Handshake
"Burn the Maps" - Castledoor

(
These songs are great. Check them out)

3 comments:

The Ton Face said...

It's like you're inside my head!

X-tina said...

If blogs are for nerds...I must say I am one of them.

Anonymous said...

hey Dan, your posts make me crack up every time i visit your site:) just wanted to let you know:P you guys are looking good! take care