Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Ugly Boat #2

First off, HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY JUSTIN!!! We got back from Houseboats. It was really an amazing trip. John Argo spoke and it was right up there with my favorite series of talks that I have heard. He spoke about Peter and Judas in terms of their relationships to Jesus. The way that he spoke and used the Word really brought scripture alive for me in a new and powerful way. Everyone that I talked to was really encouraged by it and as always, he was hilarious. He says the weirdest stuff. I love it. I was the only leader oh my boat until Friday night when Matt Pine and Joe Stewart showed up. It was fun spending time with those guys. I had 8 students on my boat as well. There was about 90 people on the trip. Melissa surprised me and came up for the day on Thursday with Mandie. I was glad she was able to make it. We floated around in the water (with her new found buoyancy!) and just sorta hung out. It was enjoyable. A guy (Austin) brought up 2 wave runners. Justin was in charge of driving one for the trip, a role that he reluctantly obliged to take. It was quite the insane ride. Justin took my dad and I out for a while. The thing has over 150 horsepower and easily does over 50mph. It's nuts. If you look closely at the second picture you can see my dad flying off. The group reminded me a lot of the crew that was around when I was a freshman. Overall, the demographic is pretty young and for the most part, not very mischievous. Everyone had a good time just hanging out. Six students got baptized yesterday which was a highlight. Houseboats is always a fun way to end the summer and I am fortunate that it is part of my "job." It's ridiculous how God has bless me this year. And on another freaky note, our baby is due in 89 days. That's double digits folks.

Pati requested that I post this picture documenting her declaration of love for Peter Rapine (as well as Becca's admiration of Spencer Colvin).
Funny thing is, later in the day the boys adjusted the sticks to say, "Go Away!"

1 comment:

lauren said...

i e-mailed the guy about the info for poland. i'll let you know what he says when he e-mails me back.