Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Day of Days is Fast Approaching, or, "Time flies when you have your pilot's license!"

You may think the first part of title is referring to the impending birth of my baby boy, but though this monumental day is almost upon us (87 days away!), I was in fact referring to the Middle School Ministry All-Nighter that will be taking place this Friday. That's right folks, me, some other leaders, and 20+ middle schoolers, partying all night at the church. I have been mentally and physically preparing for this event for weeks, training, drinking Monster, and crying, all in hopes that somehow this event will be canceled. But alas, it is nearly here. It should be a lot of fun though. On Monday, a bunch of people went to my parents to celebrate Justin's birthday. My dad barbecued some excellent burgers and my mom baked a cake. The Bowen family really put on a culinary show. Justin turned 22. I guess time flies when you have your pilot's license. It was a lot of fun. As most of you know, Justin savors the spotlight and loves it when people shout his name so he found as you may have guessed, he was especially endeared when we all chanted his name just prior to the "Happy Birthday song." He loved it so much his whole body turned red. I bet I will love the all nighter that much.

6 comments:

The Ton Face said...

wow, he really is pretty red in that picture.

Unknown said...

hey, remember that one night on houseboats when you asked me to take your camera and take pictures with it? I'm pretty sure that night i took some pictures of me and peter could you send it to me pleeasse?

voice lessons tomorrow?

lauren said...

justin does love the spotlight.

and i know you and mel arleady have a name picked out for your baby boy but i didnt know if the name thai had been considered. if it hasnt you might want to rethink the one you picked.

Unknown said...

I know I already commented on this but I thought that you could use this picture.

[URL=http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eddsc0316122hp8.jpg][IMG]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8439/eddsc0316122hp8.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

dangit! http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eddsc0316122hp8.jpg
that one!