Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What a Wiikend

On Sunday, Melissa and my parents had a festive birthday barbecue for. It was just like Justin's jubilant celebration except we ate chicken. It was a lot of fun. My parents got a new puppy, Bella, which was a highlight of the day. Cute dog, tries hard. I am 25 now which sounds very adult-like. I remember my 12th birthday distinctly as it was the first one where I didn't get any toys. It was an odd transition. Not that I was ungrateful, I just felt like a kid still and wanted to play with GI Joes. However, after 12 long years, I got a toy again. My parents got me a Nintendo Wii. It is awesome. I feel like a nerd saying that, but it is. Next came that awkward rite of passage known as the birthday song. I have often struggled to understand why we sing this song. Not my family and friends in particular, but people in general. They did it when I was in Argentina too. I never really know what to do while people are singing. Pletcher suggested singing along, which helped a bit. It was fun hanging out with all my friends. Thank you to everyone that came or gave me a call/email/text that day. I felt loved. Yesterday we had our first annual Labor Day Baseball Classic. A group of guys went to central Park and played baseball. It was a lot of fun, even though I am pretty mediocre. My team lost the game, but won in the style/fun department, which in the end is all that really mattered to me. After the game we went back and played the Wii. The Ton came out and the Conley's were over as well. It was a grand time. I am still sore from Wii boxing. Pathetic.
Justin in Bella's kennel.
Me, probably about to pop out.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

justin would sit in that dog kennel...

The Ton Face said...

he would, and he did... those are some sweet pictures from the Baseball Classic.

lauren said...

i love that youre parents got a new puppy.
and sorry its quite late but happy birthday. glad it was swell.

Anonymous said...

i apologize for being tardy but: happy birthday! i love you so! i can't believe that by your next birthday you will officially be a daddy! bella is super cute but baurer might have been a cuter puppy. see you in a month... love, nicolie

Unknown said...

hey, i just wanted to tell you this cause i thought you might think its cool. my school is going on this trip to this thing called "rock the universe" look it up.
we get to see FAMILY FORCE 5 aannnnndd GRITS!
ha. so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I just thought I should point out the mathematical error you made during your sentimental story. If the last time you received a toy for your birthday was when you were 12, and you are now 25, it would be 13 years since you received a toy, not 12. Phew. I’m glad I could help. No need to thank me, I’m sure you would have done the same for me.

Dan said...

i would likely have done the same for you if i knew who your were mr. (or ms.) anonymous!