Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I used to be way in to politics. Too in to them if you ask me. But if you were to ask me now about me then it would be weird and possibly confusing because you would be asking me to make an opinion about myself. But enough about me. I found these clever little virtual campaign buttons and thought they were hilarious.

I suppose, like many people my age, I have become more and more disenchanted with politics and more and more an advocate of love and the Lord. Politics are too much an "us vs. them" mentality and ideology that is often contradictory to what God has to say about human interaction. We are not only called to love our friends but our enemies as well. (Mathew 43-45: "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.)That sort of flies in the face of war and hate and much of what is going on in the world right now. I understand that since we live in a fallen world, war is inevitable and hate will run rampant, but I no longer want to be a part of that. I am reading this book by Shane Claiborne. To be honest, I think he is kind of a weirdo, but at the same time startlingly brilliant and challenging. His book talks about this sorta thing. Check it out.



This is kind of a weird tangent but when I saw these funny campaign buttons, it necessitated a response.
JohnMcCain.com
On another note, Melissa and I get to go hear an African Children's choir on Sunday with my grandparents at their church in Oakland. Evidently they performed on American Idol a couple weeks ago. It should be pretty neat.

I hope that everyone is well!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh different worlds
and different hearts
and different souls
and different parts

and we all
we all break the same

"break the same" - mute math

1 comment:

The Ton Face said...

wait, i'm confused, is mccain running on the republican platform now?