Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cops, Fox, Socks

I got pulled over today. Well, kinda. I arrived at the church this morning and decided that I would go on a walk on the trail. I was wearing sunglasses, a hooded sweatshirt, and camo shorts. Anyway, as I was walking across the street to get to the trail entrance, a cop drove by and then did a u-turn about 100 yards up the road. I entered the trail and began walking in the opposite direction of the cop. The trail runs alongside the road and the cop pulled over about 100 feet ahead of me and got out of his car and walked up to the chain link fence that separated the trail from the road. At this point I started running away, firing shots in the air, and screaming at the top of my lungs. Ok. That's a lie. The cop asked me what I was doing and I told him that I was going on a walk. He asked to see my ID. I explained to him that I worked at the church and that my ID was in my car. I pointed to my car and luckily I had my unlocker-thingy on me and was able to make my headlights go on and off. He was nice and told me to have a good day. I told him that I probably looked pretty sketchy with the hood and glasses crossing the street and that it was okay that he stopped me. He thanked me for being cooperative and he was on his way. It was pretty funny.

On my way back to the church another guy stopped me on the trail. He was pointing to the hill at an animal. He thought that it was a bobcat or a mountain lion, though I am pretty sure it was a fox. Here is a quick sketch that I did.

I have class tonight and need to finish up a paper. Procrastination is a killer. Melissa is feeling better. She wasn't as nauseous yesterday, just a bit tired. She leaves for Vegas on Thursday so that should be an adventure. We scheduled the appointment to find out the sex of the baby. July 2nd is the big day so keep your eyes pealed. Not sure what I meant by that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for the mustache to go. E.B. He would look much younger, tell him to get some rest.

Anonymous said...

The animal you saw may have been a coyote as foxs are rarely seen???

Grubstreet said...

I actually LOL'd (laughed out loud'd) at your "quick sketch" of the animal.