Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, May 14, 2007

On Saturday my dad graduated from college. After almost 20 years of diligent study, he completed his four degree. Not only that, he was the valedictorian and the keynote student speaker at the commencement ceremony. This guy spoke as well. It was fun to see my dad up there speaking in his cap and gown. His speech was really good, however, he made one mistake that stuck out. Not that I am one to point out errors in speech, but I will make an exception here. When talking about meeting my mother, my dad said that they married shortly after and now have 2 sons, ages 20 and 21. He got one of the ages right. Justin is in fact 21. However, I am not 20. Haven't been for 4 years. He caught his error and stated that what he meant was, he and my mom were 20 and 21 when they got married. Melissa and I laughed quite hard. My grandparents (both sides) and my dad's sister came as well. It was a festive gathering of kin. My dad, who from the stage looked a bit like Borat, has potentially agreed to maybe shave his mustache for his 50th birthday, July 11th. He has had said facial hair for my entire life and most experts agree (Me, Mel, Justin, Mandie, etc.), that he is due for a change. Please make your opinions known in the comment section.

Yesterday Melissa had her first bout with morning sickness. It could also be some sort of flu, but at this point the experts (mainly me) seem to think that it is a pregnancy related illness. It also could be some sort of disgusted reaction to the Warriors' loss. She is feeling a bit better today and she went to school.

In other news, we won our first softball game on Friday night in dramatic fashion, beating Big O Tires II, 26-6. Their manager even got ejected. It was quite the game.

8 comments:

moxleyfam said...

i agree change is good! and i also agree, i am not one to point out errors in speech. however, something you said struck a funny chord with me, and many others, i assume. the error is in the sentence "he has had said facial hair..." sorry to point it out, but i thought you would want to know!

The Ton Face said...

my humble, yet expert opinion concurs that a change would be nice, and wouldn't necessarily have to permanent.

N said...

That would be interesting to see, I say he does it carpe diem

Unknown said...

lets stop focusing on the outward appearance and look at the man behind the mustache.

gio said...

DON'T SHAVE IT CRAIG! my childhood is filled with memories of craig and his giant punch bowl full of cereal. i can see it now. it's 4am and i'm awakened from a deep sleep on the hide-a-bed. i look over and i see it. a man buried down to his neck in cheerios, milk dripping everywhere...

but wait. what is that glistening under the dull light of the bowen's kitchen table? could it be a milk mustache?

no my friends. that is craig's trademark. craig's "hello" as he looks in the mirror every morning. craig's contribution to society. that, ladies and gentlemen, is craig's mustache.

p.s. if the mustache is shaved, i want a youtube video courtesy of you dan posted right here. as well as a follicle or two.

Dan said...

amazing comment nick! one of my favorites. funniness runs in our family!

Megan said...

haha I do not know how I feel about the shave. But I should have thought about it when my dad turned 50 last year! haha. Also I would just like to say that I love the pics from the graduation

Grubstreet said...

shave either half of it so he looks like the doctor in 'high anxiety' or go for the hitler look. Either one will do.