Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Baby name idea #9...

"Gazi", or, "Gaze." (Gha-zee) Anyway, for a great while I have admired the studies and research of college student, Gazi Ayyad. I promise I didn't just Google the name "Gazi" and pick the first Gazi I found. Back to my story. Since I am such an avid anthropologist, what better way to honor my favorite branch of science, than naming my first child after one of anthropology's greatest young minds.

Lauren Wallace suggested that an excellent nickname for young Gazi would be, "Gazi-bo." I concur. Gazebos bring shelter in stormy weather, shade in extreme heat, and comfort in pretty much any condition. They also spend most of their time by a pool, which undoubtedly, young Gazi-bo will do as well.

On Monday, Robert F. Calame and I watched the season finale of 24. The season as a whole was kind of a letdown. They killed off Curtis, Palmer #2 is on his deathbed, and Audrey went crazy. Then, Jack almost offs himself. We get it, he has had a long day. Next season, try to make it more exciting. According to this article, that is what they have in mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gazebo No No NO Way you can do better than that.

Anonymous said...

I have always loved the name "Budger." I am not certain where I first heard this name, or if I made it up, but it resonates deep within me.

I have been thinking that I wanted a dog named "Budger." There does not appear to support for this since our hope-to-be-German-Sheppard may be too majestic for such a charming name.

To date, my dream of having a relationship with Budger, awaits a loved-one upon which to place this delightful cognomen.

Lauren now calls me Budger, which I know is a show of affection, but it means I now have a relationship with a Budger who is myself and that is not how my dream should end up.

This brings me to the question at hand. What to name the unidentified new addition to the family.

I believe, "Budger" is a name worthy of full consideration. Since I may be the only person who has been in the development of this name (other than Lauren), I feel very strongly that it is appropriate and will work well. It can be used for either a boy or girl, it is delightful, charming, and happy in its sound... and... the meaning of the name is profound.
To me it means: "Dear-one, overflowing with affection, full of joy."

Dad