Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We Don't Believe

To be honest, I am kind of glad that the Warriors are out of the playoffs. I have watched more basketball in the past month than I have in my entire life combined. After traveling to Ukraine and Hungary and experiencing things in life that really matter, you would think that something as trivial as a basketball game (or series of games for that matter) would seem pretty inconsequential. I wish that were the case. These games gave me ulcers. Ok, maybe not ulcers but they have given me a bit of anxiety. The basketball games have taken precedent over the A's for me. That is a big deal. Anyway, now that the Warriors are out of the playoffs I can get on with my life. I won't have to worry about Stephen Jackson shooting someone, Baron Davis breaking an appendage, or Derek Fischer shooting 3's. I am done with basketball. No more.

In other sports news, Jake and I have been playing a lot of tennis lately. Usually he beats me pretty bad as I am a fairly horrible tennis player. Yesterday however, I had him down 5-1 in our first set. I was Roger Federer and he was a 5 year old girl. Only problem was the 5 year old girl turned on her overdrive and ended up coming back to beat me 8 games to 6. Jake is a cheater. Ok, he's not, but there is no way I should have lost that set. Yesterday was a bad day for winners. Jake can go to Utah with the Jazz for all I care.

1 comment:

The Ton Face said...

It sucks how easily we can get sucked back into the stupid insignificances of life. One more way Satan can cripple our ability to affect this world for Christ.