Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Baby name idea #8...

"Arrowand." I know that this name is a bit unorthodox, but hear me out. Much like "Bil-bo" before it, Arrowand has a Lord of the Rings feel to it. Melissa and I are looking for a unique name and this one fits the bill. Another intriguing aspect of this name is the nickname possibility, "Arrowand-Bo."

Justin and I used to watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves at least once a week when we were growing up. What better way to pay homage to my favorite childhood movie than to dedicate my firstborn child's name to Mr. Hood's weapon of choice. I really don't see any way around it. Arrowand-Bo will no doubt be skilled with the bow like his or her father before him or her so it only feels natural to name him or her accordingly.

Last night Melissa and I had Allison and Jen over for dinner. It was splendid. The weather has been ridiculously nice so we ate outside on the Perry's patio. We talked a lot about what is going on in Hungary and Ukraine and I showed them my pictures. They brought Izze (sp?) over and she played with Bauer which was a pretty funny thing to see. City dog meets country dog. Luckily Bauer is fixed. Anyway, it was fun to spend it with them and it really made me really look forward to summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a good old Bible name instead of a ficteous Character. There are a lot of wonderful names in the Bible that were real Heros.
I would stay away from Samson though as your child would have a lot to live up to and would really get picked on. HA! But check it out you might come up with a winner right from the word of God.

Anonymous said...

Arrowand-Bo would be an awful name for a girl.

Megan said...

Yeah, it would be bad for a girl. When is the due date again?

Dan said...

november 17th