Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, May 21, 2007

mel returns from vegas, or, bowling, basketball, bauer, and bachelorhood


Melissa is back from Las Vegas. Jake and I picked her up last night. Jake's friend, Brad, accompanied us on our journey. On our way we (mainly Brad) decided that it would be a funny idea to turn the heater on full blast and pretend that we didn't notice the heat when the girls got in the car. The girls got in the car and instantly commented on how hot it was and after we made several excuses as to why we had the heat on (Brad's rare medical condition that required high heat; the car was overheating, etc.), we reluctantly decided to turn the heater off.

Melissa had a great time on the trip and was really glad that she was able to go. She stayed up late last night telling me all of the trip's details and it sounded like she had a blast. She doesn't get to do stuff like that with her girlfriends (friends that are girls) very often so I am glad that she got to. They spent a lot of the time laying out by the pool and hanging out at their hotel and I suggested that they could've had a similar experience at the Pleasanton Hilton and could have saved some cash. She didn't like my suggestion.

I spent the weekend living up the life of bachelorhood. Kind of. On Friday a bunch of us went bowling at good ol' Earl Anthony's in Dublin. $13 for unlimited games. You can't beat that. I ended up bowling 6 games (top score: 141) and headed home around 1am. Hicks bowled one game over 180 and Charlie did really well too. Nerds. Melissa and the girls went bowling in Vegas as well. Melissa led all of the ladies, bowling a 105 (ok, she actually tied with Lacey, but still!)

I took the CSET on Saturday which was pretty horrible. It is a 4-part English test that I have to take for my credential. I will get the results sometime next month. We'll see what happens. That was not the highlight of my weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my boyfriend could be a professional bowler if he devoted his life to the sport. no question.

glad you enjoyed the rest of your night. loved the kneesocks.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad i made your day. anything for a laugh, right? love you mucho, nicolie

Megan said...

I like the heater joke. that was funny