Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Baby name idea #10...

This is a comment that my father left on the previous post. I felt that it was worthy of a full posting.

I have always loved the name "Budger." I am not certain where I first heard this name, or if I made it up, but it resonates deep within me.

I have been thinking that I wanted a dog named "Budger." There does not appear to support for this since our hope-to-be-German-Sheppard may be too majestic for such a charming name.

To date, my dream of having a relationship with Budger, awaits a loved-one upon which to place this delightful cognomen.

Lauren now calls me Budger, which I know is a show of affection, but it means I now have a relationship with a Budger who is myself and that is not how my dream should end up.

This brings me to the question at hand. What to name the unidentified new addition to the family.

I believe, "Budger" is a name worthy of full consideration. Since I may be the only person who has been in the development of this name (other than Lauren), I feel very strongly that it is appropriate and will work well. It can be used for either a boy or girl, it is delightful, charming, and happy in its sound... and... the meaning of the name is profound.
To me it means: "Dear-one, overflowing with affection, full of joy."

Dad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being the mother of the afore mentioned one who named "Budger" I place my vote as NO ! Surely you jest.

moxleyfam said...

like father like son

lauren said...

big budger bowen and little budger bowen. this could be delightful.

Anonymous said...

How about the Name Bo-Inn (you know he could start his own hotel). EB