Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Baby idea #6...

"Rain." This lovely idea came straight from Amy and Cody Moxley. They suggested it due to it's obvious correlation with the gloomy weather we are currently experiencing. The present gloominess parallels their feelings over the fact that Melissa and I are going to keep the baby's name a secret until he or she is born. Amy also noted that my other name choices and explanations came across as ornery, and, well, arrogant. I have to disagree. It is not arrogant to say that my future child will excel in life, be admired by his or her peers and will likely have a multitude of nicknames and songs written about him or her. It is factual. If we were to choose Rain as our child's name I would definitely dedicate it to actor, Rainn Wilson, aka, Dwight Schrute. His work on The Office is admirable enough to warrant such a name dedication.

For a nickname, we could use the ever-popular, Rain-bo. This name would be in reference to God's promise to mankind (I actually talked about this in Middle School yesterday morning, as we continue on our journey through the book of Genesis). This nickname could help reestablish the true meaning of the rainbow and help take the focus off of the current slaughtering of the symbol. "So socially aware will young Rain-bo be." (Yoda said that to me in a dream once)

Speaking of Amy...I dug this treasure of a video up from my collection this weekend. It is rather embarrassing, both for her and myself. This was shot in 1997, at the beginning of our Sophomore year. Melissa Conley (currently Bowen) is filming. Mel and I weren't even dating at the time, let alone married, which makes Amy's immature comment at the end all the more funny.

2 comments:

Grubstreet said...

I can think of another example for "rain-bo(w)" as a nickname.

moxleyfam said...

um, i am speechless. thanks for the blast from the past.