Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, March 05, 2007

I am back from the Men's Retreat safe and sound. It was a really amazing time to be away and hear from a really good speaker and spend time with friends. I am incredible sore. Reason being, I played a bunch of sports consecutively that my body is not used to. I played tennis with Jake and Deej for an hour. I am horrible. We then played basketball with several other guys for an hour or so. I suck. We then proceeded to play frisbee golf (Jake, Howden and I). I can't throw a frisbee to save my life. I then lost to Jake at ping pong in 10 consecutive games. I'm still not talking to him. We then played volleyball. Of these sports, I am probably the most proficient at volleyball but that is still not saying much. I consider myfelf to be fairly athletic but it just so happens that I am absolutely putrid at most of the sports I attempted. Having said that, I had a great time.

We stayed in a cabin called "Fiddletown." This became a running joke with my cabinmates and I (Deej, Moog's, Steve Rego, Matt Howden, and Jake). I was the mayor of Fiddletown and Deej was...well...you'll have to ask him.

Argo's friend spoke and it was really powerful. He was a really gifted speaker and it seemed that he has something to say that was relevant to everyone that was there. Funny thing was that he spoke possibly even faster than Argo, but you could actually understand him. I could go on and on but needless to say I had an amazing time and am looking forward to my next trip to Fiddletown.

My grandma emailed me a couple pictures of my great great grandpa, whom I had never seen before. It is pretty cool to be able to see someone that I am closely related to but have never met. The picture on the right features my grandpa (far left), my great great grandpa (center, holding my aunt), and my great grandpa (right). It is easy to see where I got my stunning good looks from.

I know that this is a long entry but I thought I would include a couple of A's Spring Training pictures for your enjoyment.




No comments: