Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Shane and Shane were so good it hurt my brain. I go to quite a few concerts and I often leave thinking, "man I could do that (with a few more lessons)." I left last night thinking, "man, I could never do that." Get it? I felt the opposite. Never mind. In short, they are probably two of the most talented musicians I have ever seen live and that includes Tim McGraw and dc talk (both of which I have been fortunate enough to see).

On the way out I saw several people eating frozen yogurt. I coveted their dairy delicacy so I persuaded Jen to let us go there. Jen was driving us and she is almost 30 so she generally has the say on such matters. Anyway, we walked to the frozen yogurt place and entered just as the guy was closing shop. He seemed both happy and sad upon seeing us, likely due to the fact that there were 9 of us and he wanted to go home but desperately needed the business. Unbeknown to me, he had already closed his frozen yogurt machine. Bust. I settled for Green Tea ice cream (note to self: don't order that again) and on the way out my heart told me to look across the street. And there it was: Yogurt Castle. That is where those other lucky saps got their frozen yogurt! In my haste I didn't notice the warm glow of its inviting yellow sign. I forgave Jen for taking us to the wrong place and then we were off. I will save you from my elevator story for now.


We leave (as in me and the MSM, not Mel) for Hume today. Weather.com says it should be in the mid-40's with no snow all week. Awesome. Instead of talking about God this weekend I bet they will show "An Inconvenient Truth." Who knows, maybe even Al Gore will be the keynote speaker? One can only hope for such things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...correction...I did not lead us to the ice cream place! I just followed the crowd. Although I am almost 30 and I am right about most things I was not the one to lead us to the wrong place! Thanks though for all of the appreciation for the sacrifice I made in going to get the ice cream. At least I picked Rocky Road not Green Tea and got to enjoy my cup of goodness!