Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, February 26, 2007

It is raining. How is that for a catchy intro! This weekend went pretty well. This past week, for various reasons, has been filled with some ups and downs. The good news is God is good and has provided for Mel and I in some really cool ways. The Lord has showed me a lot through friends and family which was been very helpful and encouraging. Yesterday Mel and I went to my grandparents to celebrate my grandma's (mom's mom) 69th birthday. My dad's parents were there as well. It was really good to spend time with my family. My grandpa (dad's dad) is healing well from his mini-stroke and there are no residual effects as of now. He went through a battery of tests that will be reviewed by doctors this week. He and my grandma will be eating dinner at our house this Thursday which should be fun.

James Cameron, the director of Titanic, has created a documentary a la The Da Vinci Code, de-bunking the resurrection of Jesus and claiming that he has a child with Mary Magdalene. He is set to reveal a series of caskets containing the so-called remains of Jesus himself (in addition to Mary and his son). The documentary will air before Easter on the Discovery Channel and on several other networks worldwide. This should be interesting. I suppose James Cameron doesn't like Jesus because he claims to be King of the World, when in fact, Mr. Cameron had Leo DiCaprio make a similar claim in his movie about that sinking ship. I get it now.

Today, as most of you already know, is Michael Bolton and Johnny Cash's birthday (coincidence, I think not!) And so, in honor of today's blessed jubilation, I am going to debut a video that is a personal favorite of mine. While attending Cal State Hayward, I assembled this visual masterpiece with the help of my dear friends
James and Justin. Prepare yourself as you escape in to the ferocious world of...FOOSBALL!!!

Dan's Playlist of the Week:

Anberlin - "Fin"
Sleeping at Last - "Tension & Thrill"
Dustin Kensrue - "Weary Saints"
Switchfoot - "Awakening"
Phil Wickham - "Always Forever"
New Found Glory - "When I Die"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

More on the Cameron + Tomb thing:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?c=JPArticle&cid=1171894508893&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

The guy originally in charge of the excavation says, "It's nonsense."

Unknown said...

Sorry; here's a clickable link.

Dan said...

Thanks Aaron...Here is one of the archaeologist's quotes:

Bar-Ilan University Prof. Amos Kloner, the Jerusalem District archeologist who officially oversaw the work at the tomb in 1980 and has published detailed findings on its contents, on Saturday night dismissed the claims. "It makes a great story for a TV film," he told The Jerusalem Post. "But it's impossible. It's nonsense."