Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, February 05, 2007

I am back from Hume Lake. I can honestly say that I was more exhausted from this trip than from any mission trip or church trip that I have previously gone on. Don't get me wrong, the students were great (I only had to break up 2 fights; no joke!), it's just that I have difficulty thinking for myself half the time, let alone 19 middle schoolers.

Originally I named the trip "Bigger Snow", as a mockery/homage to the High School Ministry, but having returned, I have decided to rename it. The new name is either "Bigger Ice and Dirt" or "Bigger Proof That Global Warming Is In Fact A Reality." The hill to our cabin was a treacherous icy incline that caused many a sore buttocks. This is a picture of most of the group. It was one of those "lets see how this is going to look" practice pictures. Looks like we nailed it. I am going to have a video clip from the trip on here within the week so you can see middle schoolers eat it on the sled hill. It was hilarious.

I really am blessed to be doing what I am doing. The middle schoolers, though forgetful and needy, are endearing and fun to be around. Each time I would find myself getting annoyed or frustrated with them I had to remember what I was like as a 6th or 7th grader: needy and forgetful coupled with annoying and frustrating. They are great kids who remind me a lot of myself when I was there age and believe it or not, I haven't changed all that much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Continue to push the stomach cancer medication.

Dan said...

not really sure what that means?

Anonymous said...

clearly you haven't watched royal tennenbaums lately. just thought it was a funny line from the elevator operator "doctor"