Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Tate's Quotes of the Month

Tate, at 2 years old, is quite possibly one of the funniest and most talkative chaps I know. Here are some of his latest gems...

"Uh oh, what did my do? What did my do? (running around the living room naked after his bath) My drop a ducey. (pronounced - doo-see; definition - poop) I went poopoo on my blocks." Just for fun, I let Tate run around without his diaper after his bath the other night. Subsequently Tate decided to exercise his new found freedom by doing what any normal naked person would do - poop on their toys. It was gross and hilarious.

"It's ok baby Wywa. Don't cry. Don't be sad. I'm right here." - Tate talking to a very sad, crying Lyla on our way home from the canyon on Thanksgiving. Adorable.

"Cuz. Cuz. Cuz. Umm. Cuz. Cuz." (Daddy says "Because why?) "Cuz. Cuz I wanna go play with my cars." - Tate's response to being asked why he was not taking a nap. He had just gotten some new toy cars and felt they needed to be played with en lieu of napping.

"What's up, mommy?" - His favorite colloquialism.

"Mommy, my nose is like a rhino." - In reference to his stuffy nose. He confused his congestion with the size of a rhino's nose. He said his nose felt big.

"Watch me." (Said while waving his hands at whoever he is talking to) - He likes to perform and will say this at least 10 times in a row before he demonstrates his latest talent.

"Uh oh. Tate went poopoo. It's ok, when you get home daddy will change you and put diaper cream on and make you feel better." Tate consoling himself after realizing he had a poopy diaper in the grocery story. He said that whole phrase to me without pausing. Hilarious.

1 comment:

lauren said...

really funny.