Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar: A $300 million Fern Gully (only cooler)

Today I took my video production class to see the movie Avatar in IMAX 3-D. I was a bit apprehensive to take my video kids since some of them can be a bit...well...unruly. On this particular day however, they chose to be angels. My dad, Jake, and Trav (Steph too) chaperoned for what turned out to be the coolest movie I have ever seen. It is not the best movie I have ever seen but is by far the coolest. The special effects were leaps and bounds beyond anything I have seen and the 3-D effect, unlike the other 3-D films I have seen recently (A Christmas Carol and Coraline), did not feel forced. It added life and vibrance to the film.
It was sort of like watching Fern Gully in space (see below) meets Terminator.
It is a film that needs to be seen in the theater and preferably in IMAX and is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It is going to take a while for other movie to produce effects of this caliber. Go see it!

2 comments:

Nikondriac said...

I Love Fern Gully!

Dan said...

Then you will love Avatar!