Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cut a Tree for Your Tomorrow

I sorta miss blogging. As impersonal as it is, I feel it is a bit more intimate than something like Facebook. I suppose a good old fashion face to face conversation is still the way to go though. I go back to work tomorrow after a week off. I enjoy my job but it has been a nice respite to be at home with the fam. We went to Frosty Farms Christmas Tree (place?) in Sebastopol yesterday as you can see below.

First Annual Christmas Tree Cutting from dan bowen on Vimeo.


It was a lot of fun. My family and Mel's enjoyed the experience. Both kids have been fighting sickness and it seems like I have been sick for the month of November. It seems like this because I have. I got antibotics yesterday and am feeling better now, but the illnesses were an unwelcome guest at our first annual tenenbaum slaughter. Life continues to be blessed for us. Mel reluctantly goes back to work on Wednesday. She too enjoys her job as a teacher, but much prefers her job as mommy. Below you will see another video. I wanted to capture the bizarre spectacle that takes place on a regular basis in our home. That would be Tate eating entire tomatoes. Whole. He is the first person (and likely last) I have ever seen do this. Enjoy.

Tate eats a whole tomato from dan bowen on Vimeo.


If you are looking for any good books, Mel and I both read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller (his latest book) last week and loved it. I have already purchased 3 copies to give away as gifts. I bought The Road by Cormac McCarthy on Friday at 8pm and finished it tonight. It was really dark and depressing, but amazing. I can't wait to see the movie. I am in the middle of several books right now (Peace Like a River and Friday Night Lights) but The Road sucked me in (plus I was sick so I had a ton of time on my hands) and took precedence over the other books I was reading. Enough trying to sound smart. Off to bed (yes it's like 9:20!). I will try to be more on top of this blog like the good old days. Christmas pictures and more video coming soon. I love my new camera!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the Donald Miller quick book review... I have been thinking of buying that book.

lynne clark said...

tate is not the first to person to eat a tomatoe like an apple. i can not think of who I know eats them like that but i have seen it before. very unique bread of a person. lynne clark

Dan said...

It's great Angela. The Road is amazing too. It may be my favorite book period. I need to ruminate on it for a while.

Anonymous said...

Loved the Christmas tree video and your He Man act. But Tate eating the tomato made my day. That is the cutest. Glad your back to bloging. Love, Grandma Bowen