Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Home Is Where the B.A.R.T. Is (Hold Up, Wait a Minute, Put a Little Love In It!)

We got home last night at around 10:30pm. The drive was fairly smooth and uneventful. Quite the opposite of the days that preceded it. The days that led up to the uneventful drive home were filled with poorly played basketball, me blowing up a Nissan Armada, 110 degree heat, lightening, and Mr. Tumnus. I shall explain the latter before elaborating on the former. One morning when we woke up, after spending the night in the magical air-conditioned house that Mel and I crashed in, Tony and I attempted to wake my brother up who was sleeping on the couch. He was shirtless and looked a bit like something out of Narnia. So henceforth he was known as Mr. Tumnus. He loves it. Though Nissan Armadas look tough and manly, they are in fact made of feathers, flowers, perfume and silk. I was driving it from the Rez to Flagstaff when it decided to stop working. It died. We realized that the transmission gave out and luckily it wasn't my fault. But we stayed the course. Things worked out. Basketball camp was a lot of fun too. It was extremely tiring but a great experience. I lost almost 10 pounds this week which was funny. I loved coaching alongside Tony, Matt Pine, Chad, Josh Moog, and the girls. Angela, Irene, and Meghan tried to pester me and were pretty sure that they drove me nuts, but truth be told, they worked hard and were a lot of fun to be around. Just don't tell them I told you that! Melissa did so well on the trip. I was so impressed with her and was reminded (not that I needed to be) about how strong her character is. She is so tough, yet still a pretty cute girl. Quite impressive. She She worked hard this week and our baby will be that much stronger for it. He told me that he enjoyed the Rez and looks forwarding to slaughtering a sheep there one day. What a stud! Mel's kids club family really wants her to bring the baby out there next year. We'll see what happens! I am so thankful that God allowed Mel and I to go on the trip. It truly is one of my favorite things to do and I hope Mel and I can go back again. God really did a lot of work through our group and within it. I was blessed to be a part of it. I will write more about it later.

5 comments:

Charlie said...

the picture of basketball camp is wonderful. is tony d asleep?

Angela said...

your tenth of a pickle there!
haha.
man i can't get over how jerry pushed you into the wall. that will forever make me laugh.

Unknown said...

don't you think josh moog looks like mr tumnus more than your brother...?

lauren said...

that picture does look like justin. and i heard about jerry pushing you around. so funny. sounds like the trip was great. i'm bummed i missed basketball camp and the clarks but being here feels really right.

Dan said...

mr. tumnus does look a lot like josh moog. i stand corrected. my mom pointed that out too. good eye pati.