Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Practice Doesn't Always Make Perfect

I know I haven't been the most dedicated blogger as of late. Some would say that this could be an indication of me getting a life. But on the contrary, nothing blog-worthy has really happened. Ok, I suppose I just haven't had the gumption to blog. But here I go! Anyway, we have had mission trip training this week. Always a treat. I am in charge of directing a drama called Creation. I posted the video from last year's rendition of the skit a couple weeks ago. As we were practicing one of the students put on his costume. He was to play the role of a sheep. We borrowed this funny sheep costume from Moog and it would've worked perfectly had the student not put on backwards. He did it accidentally and I had him switch it before most of the group noticed. I tried to be mature about it but I couldn't stop laughing. I put it on after everyone left. It was classic. I have since removed the picture.

Last night Tony, his brother, and I watched Pan's Labyrinth at my house after training. The movie is in Spanish and was up for a bunch of awards last year. It is a combination of Narnia, Harry Potter, and something much more sobering and dark. It was very interesting. Brilliant really. The art and effects were insane. They were done very well. I am still trying to process it all. there is a lot of spiritual imagery and social commentary but it is pretty brutal at times. Interesting movie. I already said that. Redundant. Redundant.

1 comment:

The Ton Face said...

I really liked it though... You can apply that to whatever you'd like.