Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Melissa and I just returned from the Doctor's office. The doctor was a very nice gentleman with a name that is easy to pronounce but hard to spell. I won't even try. The appointment was really cool. The doctor took a picture of our baby in such a way that he would be surely arrested if he were not a doctor.
This whole pregnancy didn't really feel real until today. Not only did we get to see the baby's picture, we also got to see its heart beat. Then, to top it all off, we got to hear the heartbeat. It was at that moment that I realized I will likely cry when the baby is born. I am going to be a wreck. When I heard the 100 mile-per-hour heartbeat, my eyes started to well up. So weird!

The baby is 8 weeks and 2 days along and we now have an official due date as well: Saturday, November 17th. BE THERE!!!

In other news, VBC softball suffered its first loss on Friday night in front of a record crowd. The team we played, Nakid Industries, was actually the same team we lost to in the championships last season (Ford of Dublin). They just changed their name. The final score was 21-13. We had 15 people in our line-up. I threw a guy out at home which was pretty sweet, though I am not one to brag. Next Friday's game is at 7:45.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on the baby! Glad to hear it is going so well! give Mel my love!

Anonymous said...

i was almost impressed with your candid expression of sensitivity...until i realized you put up that bad ass picture of yourself to compensate. i am not fooled.

it's ok to cry, dan.

The Ton Face said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ton Face said...

let's try this again... that throw was pretty ridiculously awesome... although not as impressive as the catch at home.