Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

SHARKfest

On Saturday we took the MSM students shark fishing at Southshore beach in Alameda. The weather was awesome, the seagulls flocked, and the sharks were plentiful. In all we caught 7 leopard sharks. I got a bit of a sunburn, but compared to the sharks I had it pretty good. Shark fishing has been a Bowen family tradition for many years. My dad came with us and used his windsurfer to take the fishing lines far beyond the reach of a typical cast. He even rescued a guy who was kite boarding and got stranded in the middle of the bay. He was a life saver in more ways that one. My grandpa and aunt came out to visit us as well (in addition to my great uncle and aunt). It was a grand day. The students and leaders had a lot of fun. The sharks did not.
This shark can tell all of the other sharks in his school that he met D-Bo.
The fam (in blue).
The group (in real color).

8 comments:

GW. said...

shaaarks! eek. sounds fun though. thank you for the songs. i love each and everrrry one of them. send me more of the ones you like!

Muetteronomy said...

No girl leaders? I'm SHOCKED! I would have been there in a heart beat. What a crying shame...

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,

I want to take this time to let you know how proud of you I am. The way you care for the J-Highers and organize adventures for them so they can come to know the Lord through activites He inspires you to go for is great. Also your leadership of the "yutes" as well as us adults is really impressive. I appreciate how well you engage so many people and bring joy to life everywhere you are. "Job well done!"
P.P.S.

Anonymous said...

Dan Bo,
I hope you fillet and ate some
of the shark meat. The best fish
meat, if you marinate it in Yosido's Gourmet sauce and grill it on the barbie.

X-tina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just heard the news...you are officially a Dad!

lauren said...

there better be some pictures of little tate justice soon. congratulations and i love the name, your right, it is way better than the girl name.

Megan said...

congrats on Tate. Just heard the news

well last night I heard Mel was going into labor. Tonight I heard there was a baby born on what would have been my gpas 79th birthday. Such wonderful news! My Mom and Dad send their love as well!

Angela said...

your a DADDDDD!!!!!
i can't believe it, and melissa's a mom. man shes going to be such a good mom haha. well and you'll be a good dad too. once he gets big you better put those tevas on him haha.
p.s. good name choice. he better be a revolutionary or something since he has justice as his middle name!