Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Melissa Might Be Able To Drink Wine in 33 Days

This weekend was quite eventful. On Friday I filmed Alicia Auser and Dustin Baker's wedding. I was essentially there as a guest as well and it was a lot of fun to catch up with some friends we hadn't seen in a long time. They had a photo booth where everyone was asked to take pictures and got to give a copy to the couple for their wedding album in addition to being able to keep a copy for ourselves. It was a fun idea. On Saturday Mel and I had Lamaze class. Renee Kavanaugh (formerly Miller) was in our class as well. The class went from 8am-4pm. It was splendid. During the breathing exerise the instructor turned all of the lights off, played mood-setting instrumental music, and had us lay down on the floor with pillows. My job, as the birthing coach, was to help Melissa with her breathing techniques. I did this job pretty well...until I fell asleep. I will spare you the details, but long story short-I fell asleep while continuing to do the breathing exercise. In other words I was going "hee hee hee hoo" in my sleep. Melissa woke me up and started laughing so hard that tears came pouring from her eyeballs. It was hilarious. I am now fully prepared to be a birthing coach. Our child will be in good hands. After the class we went over to Tyler's condo for his wine pairing party. Melissa and I aren't exactly wine connoisseurs so our trip to Cost Plus presented a few challenges but in the end, we figured it out. At one point I kissed Melissa after taking a sip of an certain beverage, not knowing said unsaid beverage was all over my mustache and beard. This made her upset. She even whined. Get it? Whined. Like wined, except with an "h."

This is a video I took on my phone a couple nights ago of the baby moving in Melissa's belly. So cool/weird. I can't believe that he is due in 33 days!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

those pictures of you and melissa are so freaking cute! i can't believe baby-bowen is due in 33 days!!!! so exciting!!

BJ_Coy said...

This video of your baby in Melissa's belly is kinda creepy, but mostly AWESOME! So cool!
BJ

Jason Hicks said...

Hey Jack Bauer, I mean Dan. You look so much like Jack Bauer in the pics of you and Melissa. Classic, I love it...

Ryan D. Pleau said...

Hard to believe that youre going to be a father. Dan Bowen, the guy that used to hold me underwater on junior high retreats. Dan Bowen, the guy that would point out my lack of athletic conditioning in front of the high school group. Dan Bowen, former driver and keeper of the legendary K-Car.

Dan Bowen, a father? What are we going to call you now, "Papa D"? This is just wierd. Congrats Dan (and Melissa too!)

Anonymous said...

hey there,

i was picturing you falling asleep at that thing... i think it is the most hilarious story i've ever heard:)

Dan said...

Great comment Ryan. Those were the days!

Anonymous said...

Another wine party in 33 days!

Christina Blake said...

hahaha you fell asleep during birthing classes.sooo funny