Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

What a Relief (Yet another lame play on words)

I got back from the mountains yesterday. It was a stellar weekend of hiking, fishing, and making sure Bauer didn't die. I will start with a few of the Bauer highlights. I enjoy Bauer. He's a good dog for the most part. However, he is capable of some very gross things. When backpacking it is understood that when you use the facilities in the woods (in this case the woods are in fact, the facilities) you bury your treasure deep as to preserve the natural, pristine environment. Upon arriving at our campsite Bauer decided to do a bit of exploring. What he found was nothing short vomitous. There I was, playing my guitar, when Bauer came frollicing toward me. I may not have noticed him, had my dad not made a gagging noise while Tom winced and screamed. There Bauer was, 3 feet of toilet paper hanging from his mouth, turd in his jaws. HE DUG UP SOMEONE'S FECES. I will spare you the rest of the details but it was horrific. Later, Bauer redeemed himself by retrieving fish from the water. After we would release fish, Bauer would swim after them and carry them back to shore. He didn't get that ability from me. It was funny. My dad, Bauer and I slept in the back of his truck. It was cozy. It was nice to get away with my dad and some of the guys before the baby arrives (Melissa was 30 weeks yesterday!). The Cuzo (Josh and Chris) and I were at odds like usual. They are now avid country fans which may be the most annoying/funny thing ever. It fits. They are like broken country jukeboxes, spitting out full-hearted, barely distinguishable country songs non-stop. Amazing. We had a lot of fun though and I am sure this will become some sort of tradition.
The Cuzo minus "D."
Me, my father, and his valiant steed.

8 comments:

lauren said...

josh singing country. oh goodness.

lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Muetteronomy said...

Bauer certainly is unique. I think it's so savage though that he caught fish.

Muetteronomy said...

And due to my email tech difficulties, I must address something here.

It's really hard for me get over all you guys when you send MSM emails ALL the time. Ok, slight exaggeration...

Jason Hicks said...

I want to go camping...

Unknown said...

check out a band called "Tilly and the Wall"
the song "Rainbows in the Dark"
they're awesome!

{B} said...

I am sending you guys a package today or tomorrow....keep your eyes out for it.
Brit

Megan said...

so i replied to your comment on Tony's blog... as I too was confused, it may help you out...