Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Virb

In the past week or so I have put together a Virb page to post some of the ridiculous songs that I (and many friends) have recorded over the past several years. In the first installment of songs you will find:
Bauer: A song that I recorded right after Mel and I got Bauer. Cleverly titled, the highlight of this song is the fact that I didn't actually write the words. I just recorded the guitar tracks and then made up the lyrics as I went. It's pure genius.
Katie's Dance Party: A delightful little jingle that I recorded a couple years ago with the vocal and musical talents of Josh Perry, Jake Foster, Sarah Burns, Charles Meng, and Melissa Bowen. We recorded the song for Katie and Alyssa's birthday.
Adios Chad: Shortly after the Arizona Mission Trip this summer, Jason Hicks accidentally ran over Chad Clelland's leg while Chad was washing a car in the church parking lot. Tony and I decided to write a song to document this tragic event. To this day I believe that Hicks is unaware of this song's existence. For the record it was Tony's idea.
I will continue to add new songs and will let you know when they are posted. Let me know if you have any requests. Also, the songs are downloadable. Fill your iPod with these soulful sounds.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi friend! i love the songs, your songs can always make me laugh... i mean... help me to appreciate such great artistry and unique music composition as you have recently (and continually have) displayed! have a beautiful day... love, nicolie

The Ton Face said...

Don't pass the buck dude. You were all about writing that song... though I will take credit for the idea, it's a funny story, what better way to relay the events then in a song.

Justin Bowen [Photography] said...

suprised you didn't know that your own brother is doing the baby beard. Although, I do have to trim it from time to time for work.

Dan said...

justin,

you told me that you could not grow one due to work. text me a picture of it and I will post it as compensation!

Anonymous said...

i miss dan bowen. :(

Jason Hicks said...

Keep writing songs like that and I'll run over your leg...