Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rule 1: Never Bend the Bill

Yesterday was a magnificent day. Charles and I went to the mall so that he could get me the post-birthday present that he had been promising. A little bit of back story now: A couple months ago I was at my grandparents, visiting with my family, and eating spaghetti. I noticed something spectacular on the head of my semi-ghetto cousin, Cameron. There it was, a Giants hat in all its multi-colored glory, adorned with an embossed spectrum of baseball splendor, paying homage to the city of San Fran. I tried it on and every follicle on my head sang its praises. I had to get that hat. Upon returning home, I went on a desperate search for the A's version. Alas, I found it in the mall. I couldn't really justify the purchase as it was a bit more pricey than your average hat (but worth every penny). Melissa argued that the hat was a bit too ghetto for me. After I finished crying I told her that it is not the clothing and accessories that make a man ghetto, it's his heart. After she finished crying, we went on our trip to San Luis. We walked around the local shops and, upon entering a surf shop, we made a startling discovery: Lo and behold, a kind young surfer gentlemen working at the establishment was wearing the Dodgers version of the hat. After I finished weeping, I told Melissa that since this handsome young prince had such a glorious hat, I too deserved one. I showed the hat to Charles and he agreed that I must have the hat. Though this may seem shallow, rest assured, it is not. However, I have no argument to support why it is not shallow. You just have to trust me. In other news, I purchased one of the Africa necklaces to support Andy and Brittlee's adoption of an Ethiopian baby. I got the initials of our yet-to-be-born son on the back of it. I would highly recommend purchasing one. They are handmade my Brittlee's mom and each one is quite cool looking. Thanks Britt and Andy! Click here for more information about their adoption process and to find out more about the necklaces.

13 comments:

Dr Chris Hill said...

Where the hell is Palomares Canyon?
Is it in France, if so why are you writing your blog in English?

The Ton Face said...

Ha, that comment is funny... Who hasn't heard of The Canyon? I mean come on... I like the hat, definitely not to ghetto for you.

The Ton Face said...

Rule 2: Never wear it straight.

Dan said...

anti-gag,

thank you for supplying my favorite comment ever. it is in california.

Unknown said...

bahahahaha

Muetteronomy said...

So this is the "famous" hat. I hope Mel isn't too upset about it. I think it's amazing though...nice choice.

Anonymous said...

rule #3 go out and buy some oversized clothes like phat farm or other gansta clothes

Angela said...

oh my gooodnessss!!!! this had me laughing SO hard.
i better see that hat when i come home next weekend...


ya thats right next weekend you get to see this fac!
haha.

N said...

so fresh and so clean. dowden would be proud.

Charlie said...

rule #4. stickers may not come off. proud to be part of a "much larger than me" story. wear it with reverance young gangster of the canyon.

Charlie said...

have you see anti-gag's blog? ANTI-GAG! how did you get involved in the bowen blog?

Anonymous said...

daniel, that is an amazing hat. i, myself, just bought another hat. granted, it is less gangster, but nonetheless, it is still gangster... when its on my head that is.

davis

GW. said...

haha nice hat dan. and cameron...is a little less then semi ghetto..but we can all let him keep on pretending he doesnt live in san ramon =].