Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Baby Boy Beards

The last day that I shaved was September 1st. This seemingly useless piece of information will be especially noteworthy in 8 or 9 weeks when *********** is born because that will be the next time that I shave. As Melissa's belly continues to grow, so too will my facial hair. Joining me in this noble quest is the Ton-Face, Charles, and Deej. There may be more of us, but as of now, these are the only Triple B's I know of. I am sure my son will look back on these bearded pictures with fondness and will likely weep with joy when my inch-long whiskers brush his dapper little face. I can see it now. In other baby-related news, Mel is doing quite well. She is having a bit of back pain and some leg cramps but her consistent drinking seems to be helping matters. Water, folks! Come on. She is ready to give birth, though the baby seems to have other plans. The name guesses continue to pour in, and sadly, no one has hit the mark. Some of the name suggestions have been close, some have been, well...sad. Cody is a dog's name...Stop suggesting it! Life in the MSM has been pretty good as well. As the 8th graders have moved on, a new batch of squirrelly little 6th graders have taken their place. Thing have been going pretty well aside from the vandals who "decorated" my office. Mel and I got to meet my parents puppy the other day and since they are going on a cruise next week, I have to go by and check on the dog periodically. I also have to take my parents to the airport at 5am tomorrow which will be splendid. Mel and I are going to San Luis this weekend to get out of town before the baby arrives. Should be fun!

10 comments:

moxleyfam said...

i take offense to the "cody is a dogs name" comment!

Andrew Nelson said...

I know two individuals named Cody... and neither of them is a dog.

N said...

kevin and i are joing you on the baby bowen beard quest. we might not be the most impressive, but its the thought that matters. or so i'm told

Anonymous said...

Watch your back Bowen. My
fav. son in law is named Cody.
I know people in places...

Anonymous said...

you are correct, i know 3 dogs named cody. i can't believe we only made it in your blog as "the vandals". is that because we didn't bring you a bagel? you seriously need to get over that. make a new caption saying "these are the 2 lovely ladies who showered my office in blessings on paper, i thank god for their friendship everyday"

Muetteronomy said...

I'd say drop by Westmont and visit me, but alas I'll be coming home this weekend. Santa Barbara is only an hour further from SLO. But have a great time!

Anonymous said...

haha yes, is that all we are to you is vandals?! we have names you know, and very pretty ones at that. well at least mine is. whatever, i just can't believe we actually made the blog!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo!! this could be the 3rd happiest day of my life!! (the 1st and 2nd being of course, the day i met emery and the day i met you.)

The Ton Face said...

I like that picture of the Hamster Balls, but where's the one with Kevin?... You know what I'm talking about!

Anonymous said...

don't scratch that baby boy with a beard please. And I'll bet your going to name him "Charlie" after your best friend? EB

Christina Blake said...

that beard is gonna be aweful in 9 weeks. haha and when your baby looks back on the pictures he will laugh. sooo funny.