Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

KIndergarten, not Kindersmarten (Trees, Trucks, and More!!!)

I helped out in Mel's class today. I like going in there. The kids are pretty funny and it sorta makes me feel like a celebrity when I show up. Kids clamor to sit next to me, stare at me, ask me random questions, and think pretty much everything I do is cool. I picture a similar relationship with my yet-to-be-born child. Mel asked her students to give suggestions for baby names. Some of the highlights included, Spiderman, Loop (Pakistani suggestion), Star Wars, Anakin, and Joe. No joke. Those were real suggestions. Classic. I worked at one of the tables in the room helping students fill out a paper about their dad for father's day. The questions were pretty basic (dad's age, favorite thing to do, food, etc.) but the answers were classic. Most kids assume their dad's age is in the 80-90 range. I am pretty sure that is not accurate. One of the kid's dad spends a lot of time at the tapioca shop apparently, and if given the choice to have anything in the world, his dad would choose tapioca. I believe him.

Last night at the church a tree fell down. It was exciting. A bunch of high school students placed the tree in the back of Rob Calame's truck. We then tried to put the tree in Deej's car but someone tipped him off and he came out and caught us in the act.

Here is the church segment of the Immanuel Mission Promo DVD. It features clips from their basic church service in addition to some footage from Christmas time. Oh the splendor of it all.

3 comments:

The Ton Face said...

I really want to call you out on something in your photo, but I shall refrain... What happened to your hand? ha ha

Angela said...

haha did you pass that english exam thing to be a teacher? haha and yes your mom is so freaking hotttt. it was so nice of her to show up!

Dan said...

i find out the results of the test on june 18th. i don't anticipate finding out anything good on that day!