Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Baby name idea #12...

"Rikki Tikki Tem."

Our child is destined to be the source of many stories, legends, and mysteries for years to come, and as such, he or she should be named accordingly. Due to my (and Melissa's) fascination with Chinese folk stories, Rikki Tikki Tem is the perfect name.

The nickname for Rikki Tikki Tem would be Rikki Tikki Tem-bo. When Melissa or I get mad at our child we could shout, "Rikki Tikki Tem-bo Nosarembo Charrie Barrie Ruchi Pip-Perry Pembo!" That way our child would know that we were serious and seriously passionate about Chinese folk stories, ergo killing two birds with one stone.

I felt the baby kick pretty hard yesterday. That was the first "real" kick that I have felt. Up until now I have been a bit of a baby-kick skeptic, constantly telling Melissa that I am feeling her stomach muscles tensing rather than the kick of our strong-legged fetus. Turns out I was wrong. The baby is indeed in there, just kickin' it.

In other news, I inspired Eli Mayerson to have his head shaved. I am honored.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby name #12
Rikki Tikki HUH! My brother had a boat named Leaky Tikki. Ask your Dad about his adventures on it. Maybe that was the name of the row boat that was supposed to be ship to shore. (His boat was a miniture boat that looked like a small tug boat. Real cute.)
Didn't know you and Melissa liked Chinese writing's. Have to get you some books on it HA! Have fun in the endless search for the perfect name.

Anonymous said...

Adorable video of the cute little boy with the head shaved. I understand you had someone mad at you for influencing him as he had beautiful hair. AW-OH! EB