Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Brother Owes Me Money

It's true, he does. I may even sue him. And I'm not talking about the cash he owes me for the concert tickets I bought in April. Nope. Here's what happened. I checked my email this morning and saw that I had a comment on one of my blog posts back in November. Someone from an advertising company said they wanted permission to use a photo from my blog for one of their products and would pay for the rights to do so. I emailed the woman and told her to contact Justin about the picture. She called him within 10 minutes of receiving my email and proceeded to buy the rights to his "Hands" picture. Here's where the "me suing Justin" part comes in. True or false: Without my blog his picture would not have been discovered. TRUE. True or false: Without Tate's hand in this picture it would not be half as cool/cute. TRUE again. So the way I see it, Justin owes Tate's college fund at least twice what he got paid for the picture because without this blog and Tate's adorable phalanges his picture would have never been purchased. He refuses to pay up and naturally, I am taking him to court. I rest my case. While you decide which brother to support, enjoy this video that I made for the MSM. I asked the students a series of questions off camera and then changed all of the questions when I edited it. Quite funny. There are more to come.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

u should at least get a 25% of what he got paid for the image. If he does'nt give u it, I have five words for you: Nick + Shopping Cart + Pole + Justin

Charlie said...

really funny. well done.

Justin Bowen [Photography] said...

i owe you nothin.

Anonymous said...

AW-W! After all it was HIS photo and HE is your brother,(Although the hands are Tate's) but cute law suit anyway. EB

Anonymous said...

Loved the Video Very well done. EB

Anonymous said...

AW-W! After all it was HIS photo and HE is your brother,(Although the hands are Tate's) but cute law suit anyway. EB

gio said...

[at the Bowen dinner table]

Craig: Justin, can you pass the salt?

Justin: I can't

Lynn: Why not?

*silence*

Craig: Nick, get in the car, we're taking you home.


Justin, just pay the man; you know what he's capable of...

lauren said...

liked the video.
really funny.

Anonymous said...

Wow!
Looks like a family fued. But you brother is a BETTER photographer....MEC