Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Great America

On Saturday I took a bunch of Middle Schoolers to Great America for their music day. Aside from the countless cheesy Christian shirts and the 3 hour, I repeat, 3 hour line to buy tickets (we were 5 tickets short so I sent the students and a couple leaders in to the park while myself and 4 other leaders endured the ticket line), it was an enjoyable day. I am enjoying the MSM a great deal. Several of the students are really growing in their faith and kids are bringing their friends, which is encouraging. I got to see Family Force 5 and Switchfoot. That was splendid. Mother's Day was great as well. I took some pictures that I will post after Jake gives me my camera back. I let him borrow it to take pictures of his child being born. However, I was unaware that my camera would literally capture the birth in all its explicit glory. I won't steal Jake's thunder but Mel and I got to hold their new little girl right after she was born. She is happy and healthy and I'm sure they will update their blog shortly with pictures. Congrats guys!





America, Great.

3 comments:

Flo said...

OH!! I am jealous!!! I want to hold that little girl!!! I keep checking their blog for an update. I am about to pee my pants over here!!!

Anyway, keep my cousin, Rockey in line, will ya?!

Nikondriac said...

Okay I had the best time ever...to throw that out! That's exciting that the Foster's had their baby as I have been waiting to hear more...after I recently found out she was having a girl. Didn't some girls from your English class at Cal "stock" you at Great America!

Rockey is awesome! and so is Gabby! and D-Bo!

Mary Madelynn said...

I feel your pain about the ticket line. There's this event termed "Naz Night" at Magic Mountain each year when the Nazarene Church rents out the place. Took us about 3 hours to get there in LA traffic. But it's all for Jesus right? builds character i suppose. glad you had fun and its good to hear the ministry is going well.