Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Weak End (A Meaningless Play on Words)

Mel, Tate, and I had a fun weekend. On Saturday we went on a hike to Las Trampas. It was a nice day. Tate was still a bit tired from riding a horse at the previous night's VBC Hoe Down. What a night that was. Anywho, after the hike we went to Mel's cousin's college grad party. They said that the party was in Union City but I swear we crossed some sort of border and left America at some point. The party was held at the Puerto Rican club where Mel's uncle Tony...errr...Antonio is the president...err...el presidente. Across the street from the club there was a Mexican party complete with a 9-piece mariachi band in the driveway. It was a sight to behold. Tate got to see some family that he hadn't seen in a while and got to leave mainland America for the first time. Today was my last day of student teaching with 2 of my classes and tomorrow will be the last day with the other class. I will write about it later but it has been a lot of fun and I will miss those critters. Granted, they have my phone number so I will probably not be too far out of contact. Needless to say the business of my life lately has created some new priorities, oh which blogging is not in the top 3. However, I'll do my best to keep this thing filled with excellent prose and snarky insights as time allows.





Las Trampas means "the traps."
Happy.
Boo-rah!
Tate is like a giant corsage.

2 comments:

lauren said...

we got your letters today and i was able to give about half of them out already. the kids loved them and thought it was really fun to get letters from y'all. a lot of them are planning on writing back so that should be fun.

Dan said...

that's great!