Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Polliwogs

I took a group of 8th Graders to San Luis Obispo this weekend. It was a lot of fun but rather exhausting. I will post some pictures and stories tomorrow (or so). On Tuesday night Tate started swimming lessons. Essentially the word "lessons" is thrown in there to make it sound official. Essentially it is more like bobbing lessons wherein the child learns how to be held by his or her parent in the water as said parent prays to not be an accomplice in the drowning of their child. It's true though. That little bugger is slippery and my sole goal (what a poet) is to keep him from squirming out of my hands. Mel was in the water with him during the lesson since I had to go to class. He's the second youngest member of the Polliwog class. I got to go in the water with him on Thursday and it was a lot of fun. John and Tricia's baby, Haylie, is in the class as well. She and Tate are swim buddies. He enjoys the water quite a bit and it will be fun to see how much he develops this summer. Olympics 2028, here he comes!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is too cute to handle...(and by that i mean Tate)

Flo said...

Tate is super cute in those swim trunks! I hope Sam fits in his when his class starts.

lauren said...

hes so stylish in that last picture.