Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hell, uh Old?

High school interaction of the week:

I was talking to some of the student's in one of my junior English classes about videos games the other day, among other things. I told them that I have a Wii and they all made fun of me since they are primarily XBOX aficionados. I told them that I liked the fact that you can download a bunch of old games for the Wii. One student asked me if Pokemon Snap was available for download and I told him that it was. A bunch of students got really excited and talked about how much they used to love that game. The student proceeded to tell me that even though I am "hella old" I would still love the game. "I'm hella old?," I responded. To this he said "yeah" (as if it was a dumb question). I asked how old he thought I was and he guessed somewhere in my 20's. He was right. This was the first of what I assume will be many more humbling moments in teaching. Here I thought I was the young, hip teacher. Turns out, I'm "hella old."

No comments: