Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

D-B'08

I would like to formally announce that I am suspending my campaign for president of the United States in 2008. I am withdrawing my name from the candidacy after much consideration and heartfelt recommendations from my advisers, and one specifically arduous deliberation with my top adviser, Charles.. It has been a good run and I would like to commend my supporters on their diligent campaigning and for spreading the good name of D-Bo and our campaign slogain, "Politicians lie, D-Bo Don't." As of now I do not plan on endorsing another candidate and will likely take a long sebatacle from politics altogether. Thank you for your support and love. To the immigrants in Tempe, gracias. To the grandmothers in Tampa, thank you. To the steel workers in Detroit, thanks. To the rich people in Beverly Hills, my deepest gratitude. To my handlers, tread lightly. To my loyal supporters, stay the course. As I always say, "it's not the campaign that makes the man, it's the man that makes the campaign, and he, the world."

3 comments:

Charlie said...

on behalf of the campaign team for daniel "d-bo" craig bowen, we formally thank all of his supporters. this is truely a heavy day in american politics. d-bo's passion for america and it's people has only intesified during this process and it is with great sadness that he has decided to end his campaign for the white house. with nearly 0% of the popular vote and only $2 and a couple sandwiches donated (remember the slogan "d-bo hungry!") it is clear that we cannot continue our efforts. dan is still commited to this country and the rumors of him moving to canada are entirely false, though he may spend a few months or years there to recover. we thank him for pouring his blood (papercut) and tears (the onions in one of those sandwiches was way too strong) into this campaign and have concluded that america is doomed without him.

charles meng
senior chief advisor, "d-bo 2008"
new senior chief advisor, "tate bowen- 2042"

lauren said...

i read this the other day because i was sad that he dropped out.
you sound a lot like it.
http://www.johnedwards.com/news/press-releases/20080130/

N said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnolGbbGGE&NR=1