Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

7 pounds, 8 Ounces of Pure Brains and Muscle

Tate had his first doctor's appointment on Tuesday. He has the same pediatrician, Dr. Trotter, that Melissa and I had growing up which is kinda fun. I say "kinda fun" because Tate doesn't share in our fondness of Dr. Trotter. You see, Tate lost a bit of his foreskin in a battle with Dr. Trotter's scalpel and as such, he holds a bit of animosity towards him. In other news, Tate has gained nearly a pound since his birth. He now weighs 7 lbs., 8 oz, or roughly the weight of a gallon of water, but slightly heavier than a gallon of gasoline. He is a fine young lad and Mel and I are having fun being parents. Last night the MSM had its annual scavenger hunt. I showed up in the MSM room in the afternoon to get some stuff ready and lo and behold I found 5 decaying pumpkins from the previous week's Halloween festivities. This was one of the grossest things I have seen in a while and considering Tate has pooped and peed on me in the past week and I witnessed (and filmed) Mel's C-section, I believe I have a wealth of recent gross experiences to draw from. As I picked up the pumpkins to move them, they melted in my arms. It was disgusting. I am doing ok now though. As a gift to you, click this link to download the new Switchfoot song, featuring Matt Theissen of Relient K and the singer from Ruth. Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

Mary Madelynn said...

you are such a blog nerd.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa
Remember me? Your counselor from Koinonia? I had a nice chat with your mom today and hope to get in touch with you soon as well. Your little guy is so cute! I'm so happy for you. Boy, where have the years gone? I have been married for 10 years (next week) and I have 5 kiddos ages 9, 7, 5 1/2 x2, and 3. They are such blessings. My e-mail is: cskajcepps@juno.com. If you send me your e-mail, I will send you some pics of my family. Talk to you soon.
Stacey (Williams) Epps

Muetteronomy said...

Those pumpkins would have been an interesting sight, thrown off the roof of the church...and so fun to clean up I bet.