Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Friday, January 19, 2007

I just had a meeting with Barley, Deej, and Tim Putney. It was good times. A bit early for my liking (7!) but what can you do. We chatted and prayed for the church and ministry stuff. I have Bible study with Cody in a bit but I am gonna study until then. This isn't really studying though I guess.

Here is the TV show that I produce for a local mortgage broker:

It airs on local broadcast television (Comcast, ch. 26) on Friday nights at 8pm. I need to fix the online video quality. It is really pixelated. Watch a bit if you would like.

Yesterday I met with Tim Johnston because he is going to be speaking next Wednesday for the MSM. Tim is a 19 year old guy who recently came to know the Lord after years of gang involvement, substance abuse, and jail time, among other things. His testimony was insane. It was so cool to see how Jesus really changed his life. He accepted Christ while in jail and was baptized on the mission trip this summer to Arizona. He said that while he was in jail, "Jesus grabbed a hold of his heart." I thought that was such cool terminology. The idea of Jesus grabbing hold of his heart and not letting go, forgiving him of all of his past sins, and giving him a new life. A life that he won't return to. The Bible literally changed his life.

I think that I often take Christ and the Bible for granted. I strip it of its power by acknowledging it merely as a book or a study tool rather than something that can grab hold of my heart and change my life. I was both inspired and challenged by what Timmy shared with me. I went running last night in the dark for the first time in a long time and just prayed and asked God to do that to me. To grab hold of my heart. It wasn't like I was coming to faith for the first time but it was more of an awakening. A realization that I often go through the motions. I don't let the Bible and the Lord change my life. I need to do that more often. I need to let Jesus grab hold of my heart.

No comments: