Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hello and Yá’át’ééh,

So I'm trying this whole blog thing for the first time, yes that's right folks, Dan is actually letting me write today's blog! This morning we woke up and had breakfast with all of the missionaries, we actually watched the DVD that Dan made for this summers trip. It was cool to get to talk and spend time with the people that we don't usually see. Anyways after breakfast we headed to church. the first service went from 9:30 to about 11:00 then we had a short break and the second service went from 11:00 to approx. 12:15. We got to meet a lot of people including a man who fought in WW2. He was a code talker! It is really cool, because there are only about 50 code talkers left out of approx. 400. He is a sweet man! We are now waiting for the Navajo service (the 3rd service) to end and then we will head back to church for lunch. It is really cold today and we may get Thunder Snow (This is rare, at least that's what they say) There is thunder and lightning and snow! Anyways I found out today that I will be subbing in a Junior High class for Megen on Tuesday! That should be quite the experience! Tomorrow I get to help the Kindergarten teacher,Melissa, decorate cookies at her house. It feels good to be back on the reservation! I just wish the airlines hadn't lost my bag with all of my toiletries! (Wah, Wah, Wha, that's a little Debbie Downer for you!) Yes, they lost my bag, but God's teaching me lesson in simplicity this week!

Love,

Melissa

1 comment:

Charlie said...

hey bro. i'm praying for you. i saw that no one has commented, i am sorry. glad things are going well. i miss you...