Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

At long last, it snowed on the Rez. Last night it snowed over three inches. It was very cool. Huge snow flakes all through the night. We woke up to find the whole mission blanketed in white frosty goodness. It was so cool to see the parking lot filled with snow and the playground all ice and snow. Quite the difference from the summer. It was a cool gift from God on our last day here.
Yesterday Mel and I played some more basketball. I beat her in HORSE this time, though she got me once in Around the World. Later we began a rousing stretch of Sequence (the board game). The Bloom's owned it so we sat on our bed for an hour or so and played. I actually beat Melissa five times in a row. It was epic. Wasn't even trying. I'm that good.
We went to one of the teacher's (Melissa, kindergarten) house for dinner. She made a roast and mashed potatoes. Super good. Another teacher, Jessica, joined us as well. I think that they enjoy having outside people over for company. It was fun to hang out with them and to hear their stories about life before (and during) the Rez.
After dinner Melissa and I began to play some more sequence in our room. Ruth saw that we were playing and said it was her favorite game (she had just gotten out of the hot tub). She asked if she could join. We said no. Just kidding. Anyway, we sat around their kitchen table (Mel, Ruth & I) playing Sequence, (6 games worth), drinking hot chocolate, and eating graham crackers. It reminded me of home. It felt like she was our grandma or mom or something. She is a fun lady and quite competitive. She was rather sarcastic
when I won (only one game) and rather unsympathetic when I was losing. It was funny.
Today the school has a half day and Mel is subbing for the J-hi. It should be an adventure. It is time for me to go film. We have dinner tonight at another missionary's house (off-site) and we leave for the airport at 3:30am. Ouch. Hope that all is well on the home front. Merry Christmas (almost).

No comments: