Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sparklers Only Burn For So Long

Tate just got back from his camping trip with our families. He looks like some sort of nuclear war survivor. He was well taken care of and it sounds like he had a great time. Mel and I enjoyed our week at home. We moved all of our stuff to our new house and are in the process of unpacking. We slept in, went out to breakfast at Katy's Korner, went to a nice dinner and did all of the things that we used to do pre-Tate. That said, we missed him a ton and it was so good to see him today. I gave him a haircut because he mullet was starting to cause people to stare and question the ability of his parents to properly care for his hygiene. He didn't enjoy the hair clippers so we used sparklers to distract him. It worked. Kind of. On Monday Mel and I had the unique opportunity to host a house concert for Rocky Votolato. He is one of my favorite musicians and I have been fortunate enough to have seen him in the city twice before (see past blog posts here and here). The concert was by far one of my favorite musical experiences and was also one of the most enjoyable things I have been able to experience with my friends as a whole. It was a very memorable night. I will post some pictures and video or you can cruise over to his MySpace and check out the pics he posted on his site. Pretty cool. Below you will see pictures of Tate getting his haircut and a video of Rocky playing a new song called "Sparklers." I will post some more eventually.



Haircut

1 comment:

Nathan Darnell said...

May I just point out that I appear in all three Rocky photos, but out of focus or just my arm...