Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Welcome to the planet, welcome to existence...

Day 3 and Lyla and Mel are doing well. That sounds like the intro to a rap one might find on the yet-to-be-recorded Bowen family hip-hop record titled "D-Bo Flow" (dropping this Fall). Lyla was up from about 4-7am, which subsequently caused Mel and I to be bright eyed and bushy tailed as well. I seem to be more tired than Mel and she makes it a point to state the irony of this quite frequently. Today was a good restful day. I took Tate to the park, Target (to get juice for Mel) and to Peets (to get caffeine for myself and a cookie for Tate. The cookie was the proverbial carrot that I dangled in front of Tate all day to make him behave in the hospital). It was another fun time with Tate. I will miss this stage he is in. So vocal, curious and sweet (like his father before him). Mel and I are stil getting used to receiving pink gifts and are grateful for the outpouring of prayers, love and support from our family and friends. Enjoy the pics.

Tate's day with daddy

Mark bought this tractor at a garage sale and it was a wreck. Herb restored it and gave it to Tate today. It is from the 70's. Tate loves it!

Lyla

1 comment:

Dustin and Alicia Baker said...

I have decided that VBCers are taught at a very young age that when someone has a new baby or takes a trip to the airport it is a must that they are there. Really, the average person probably has not has as many visitors to their home as you did in the hospital! Obviously an excited group! Can't wait to meet Lyla myself!