Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Those who can't, teach.

In college I attempted to take 1 summer school class. I dropped it. I hated summer school. I have had two interviews for Fall teaching jobs and have been unsuccessful so far. They said something about not wanting to hire someone who showed up in a wife-beater and cleaned their teeth with a buck knife during the interview. To each their own. Anyway, I got a call from Castro Valley High School the other day to interview for a summer school teaching position. The interview went really well. The Principal told me she interview other people as well and that she would be calling me later that day to let me know if I got the position. She then left the room to grab something. When she returned she said that she had made a decision and that she wanted me to have the job. I will be teaching Freshman English. I have complete control over the curriculum and can essentially do whatever I want with the students. It should be a fun experience and I will be done by noon each day, which will be nice. The bummer is that I will miss the mission trip for the first time in 10 years (11 straight trips I have attended). I trust that God has a reason for me staying home and the Rez will be ok without me. I finished school last Tuesday, meaning I now technically have my Master's Degree and Teaching Credential. I am so glad to be done with school. 20 straight years of education will kill a guy, if not make him smarter. Last night we had our summer kickoff for the middle school ministry. We met at the Pleau's and rented a bouncy house. It was funny. We had more students than we have ever had on a Wednesday night during my time as the MSM leader. It has been really encouraging to see the ministry grow, not even so much in size, but in the maturing and realness of the student's faith. This is a great group of students and I am blessed to play a role in their lives. The leadership team is pretty studly as well, which makes my job a lot easier.




1 comment:

Megan said...

I have heard that my little cousin is going to the junior high group at vbc. She told my mom "The guy in charge is this guy named Dan, he's really funny." haha