Feel free to browse, comment, peruse, laugh, cry & check out my latest movie reviews and musings.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer is here (but not in Argentina)

Summer has arrived and in the Bowen household there is much jubilation. Melissa and I went to see Emery and The Almost last night at Slim's. This was definitely not a typical Melissa show but she enjoyed it. Emery was amazing-probably top 5 bands I have seen at Slim's (Mute Math, Switchfoot, Manchester Orhestra and mewithoutYou round out the top 4). The Almost were great too (see high quality video below). We went to Sushi at a hip restaurant across the street from Slims. This was quite adventurous for the two of us. I had been there once before and Mel, though apprehensive at first, loved it. We had a great date night. Allison watched Tate. It was the first time we had someone not related to us feed him and put him to bed (The Ton had watched him once before after we put him down, though he did wake up. Thanks Ton!). It was quite the step for us. On Saturday we went on a bike ride and then to Liana's wedding. Most of these pictures are from that event. It was a nice wedding. Sunday was my first Father's Day. Melissa got be a backpack for Tate. He enjoys sitting in it and pulling my hair and occasionally he chews on my dome. Mel told me that I shouldn't tell Tate "no" so often so I have taken to saying "make good decisions." For example, if he is about to get burnt by the stove, I tell him to "make a good decision." Most of the time he does. However, the lad is a bit squirrely and becoming more so by the day so "no" has become a staple command in our vernacular. Kids these days. We are looking forward to summer to really get under way. Tate is excited to go camping in a few weeks. His goal is to crawl by then. My goal is to not let him crawl until after camping. Hopefully he makes a good decision.





Some Wedding Pictures:
Father's Day

The Almost "Amazing, Because It Is"

1 comment:

{B} said...

nice pack...We have a pack just like that...

love,

Andy